My goal has been to average a book per week and end up with 50 books read and reviewed at the end of the year. I usually don't include smaller books (early middle grade, picture books, etc) unless I feel really strongly about them. In 2013, I was significantly below my goal. Oh well.
This year (2014) I plan to improve on my downturn in 2013. If I hit 50, great, but at the very least, I hope to reach 40 books read in 2014. I will also try to share all of my reviews here so you can get a feel for what I liked or didn't like. That said, I generally only pick up a book to read it if I feel like it "speaks to me" in some way, so chances are, most of my reviews will be fairly positive. Even then, I'm sure I'll come across some stinkers. :)
If you have any suggestions for books to read or ways I can make my reading goal more exciting, please let me know.
And now, without further ado, here's the list of books I've read so far in 2014:
(I will be updating this post each time a new book is read/reviewed)
- The Martian
- The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy Book 1)
- At First Light
- The Orphanage of Miracles
- The High Druid's Blade
- The Conjuring Glass (The Phoenix Girls Book 1)
- The Bluest Eye
- Frostborn (Thrones and Bones book 1)
- Death in Venice and other tales
- Shell Game (Kingdom Keepers #5)
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Around the World in Eighty Days
- The Rule of Thoughts (Mortality Doctrine #2)
- Rat Runners
- Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear
- Forcing the Ace