Sunday, December 31, 2017

Books Read in 2017

For the past few years (20162015, 2014, 20132012, 2011, 2010, 2009) I've had a goal to read and review a bunch of books over the course of each year.


My goal had been to average a book per week and end up with 50 books read and reviewed at the end of the year. I usually don't include smaller books (early middle grade, picture books, etc) unless I feel really strongly about them. For the past couple of years I've dropped well below my 50 and only ended up reviewing 9 books last year (though I did read more than that). I don't know if I'll get back to the ~50 range, but we'll see what I can do. Wish me luck.


  1. Ready Player One
  2. A Wrinkle In Time
  3. King Solomon's Mines
  4. Peter Pan (re-read)
  5. The Ultimatum
  6. Herland
  7. The Man in the High Castle
  8. The Metamorphosis
  9. Otherworld
  10. The Thing Beneath The Bed
  11. A Wise Man's Fear
  12. Red Planet
  13. The Dark of Deep Below
  14. The Woman in White

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Chris,

I see that you reviewed the book The Black Unicorn (Landover) before. I have written a book that is similar to that. Would you be willing to let me provide you with a copy of the book in hopes that you would consider reviewing my book as well?

My name is Charles D. Shell, and the book I want to send is titled Blood Calls. You can find a link to it here: (https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Calls-History-Book-ebook/dp/B00COJPCHQ/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8)

I can provide it to you as whatever digital file you wish. It’s up to you.

Of course, I understand that you are under no obligation to review my book, and if you do review it, all I ask is that you leave an honest review. I am simply looking for the opportunity to have you consider it.

Thank you. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Charles D. Shell

shelshok000@gmail.com