And yet somehow, for some reason, Howling Turtle has decided to award me the "Stylish Blogger Award." I don't think I've ever really been called "stylish" in my life...unless it was done so sarcastically. So first of all, let me thank the
Now, onto the more entertaining part. Here are the rules that go along with this award:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Let's see...7 things about myself. No criteria, so this is fairly random.
- I've been married to my sweetheart for 14 years...and loving it
- I have 3 wonderful children
- I view Dr. Pepper as a sweet ambrosia
- I (strangely) enjoy the scent of skunks
- I'm a (male) theater lover (especially musical theater) and have (on numerous occasions) driven hundreds of miles to see a play
- I love to collect and play new (and old) board games
- I love riddles, cryptography and cryptic puzzles....not only doing them but (more so) creating them for others. Eventually I want to have 'templates' I can use to host 'puzzle parties'
And now onto the 10 winners. As I mentioned, I've been kind of AWOL on the blogosphere lately, so these aren't necessarily "recently discovered" bloggers (not sure how that relates to "stylish" anyway) though there are some new finds for me. I'm also not the most "aesthetic" guy...I can appreciate nice looking things and have a feel for what I like and don't like about some designs/layouts/etc but really, I'm not looking at the "style" of the blogs in terms of how the blog is laid out so much (especially since I usually read inside an RSS Aggregator which strips out any style) as what's inside them. These are bloggers that I feel have a certain unique style they bring to the blogosphere in terms of topics, talent, content, etc. Feel free to disagree...as with the Academy Awards, there is no appeal process. ;)
So here they are (in alphabetical order...and I did 11, just because I could)
- Blog O'Cheese
- Cruising Altitude
- Dad at the Chalkboard
- Dani's Letters
- Des in Real Life
- Ducks Out of a Row
- Res ipsa loquitur
- Symphonic Discord
- Waystation One
- What the...
Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your
regularly scheduled programming.