Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm goin' ta Disneyland!!!

I know some of you will say "you just went", to which I just reply "whatever...it's been 2 years." Besides...if I had my druthers, I'd be up for going to Disneyland a few times a year and making a Disney World trip every couple of years. ;) (Actually, Disney World is hopefully on our horizon in another few years...thought about it this time, but the kids are still kind of young for us to get our 'money's worth' at Disney's 4 parks).

I've set up a little countdown timer here on my blog that counts the days...right now we're just about 2 months out. On March 16th, my fam and I will be hopping on a plane for a week down in sunny Southern California. Our 5 days in Disneyland will include great character breakfasts, lunches and a couple of early entries into the park. Disney is continuing their "year of a million dreams", so we're hopeful to luck out and get some cool additional perks while we're there...although they won't be necessary. Actually, Lynette was hoping we could win the "night in Cinderella's castle" which looks super cool. You actually spend the night in a suite inside the castle. Killer, huh? Sadly, that one is only available at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. But we could get to stay in "walt's apartment" in New Orleans Square. :) Personally, I'd rather get an invitation into the exclusive and illusive Club 33. Last time I actually stood in front of the secret doorway for ten minutes (while waiting for Fantasmic to start) hoping to see somebody go in or out so I could beg them for a peek. ;)

Anyway, for the next two months the whole fam will be just a little edgy anytime somebody mentions anything Disney-esque. I'm setting aside my souvenier fund and scouring sites to see what sort of exciting treasures I can bring home. More than that, I'm hopeful that the kids will be a little more brave this year.

Last time the boys were all sorts of big talk before we went...talking about how they wanted to do the Matterhorn, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones and all the other "big" rides. As we stepped through the main gates, their eyes glazed over and the first day we spent a lot of time in Fantasyland and riding "younger" rides. The next day, we tried to get the kids into Haunted Mansion. There was actually no line at all and we went straight up to the main door. The eerie external atmosphere had them a little nervous, but as they looked inside the front door at the darkened room and the semi-spooky environment, both of the boys were adamant that we NOT ride it. Julia was too little to be swayed one way or the other. In the end, we didn't end up going on any of the big rides, though we hit most of the other attractions.

The Jungle Cruise was unfortunately closed which was a big bummer. According to the calendar, it will be open this year...Small World will be our one closure. I'll definitely give a report on the trip later...so check back in about 2 months. (check back every day too...but in two months, definitely.)

No comments: