Thursday, July 19, 2007

BookWise excitement coming down the pipe

To Kevin and Blair...stop reading now. ;)

OK, just kidding.

Last night's BookWise training meeting was pretty good...it was one of those meetings that left everybody wanting more.

First, Rick showed (from a distance...and Mark joked that it should be under lock and key) that the copies of the new Harry Potter ARE in stock and ready to be picked up at midnight tonight.

After teasing us with Harry Potter, he then teased with his dreams for BookWise, outlining a lot of very cool ideas that could be days away or years away depending on the dream.

One that he alluded to got me very excited...the idea of BookWise writing contests that would help create published authors.

And then he went on to explain that this dream was already becoming a reality. Details about the first BookWise writing contest will become available in coming days. And first prize (don't quote me on this, as details are not yet 100% clear to me) is essentially a book deal with an agent to help market it. Second and third prizes were cash prizes (in the $500-1000 range...nothing to sneeze at).

Anyway, I guess this means I'll be working on my writing a little more fervently to try and get it into the contest.

I'll post more details as they come available.

No comments: