Friday, October 20, 2006

I love medical advancements...but still

I am soooo glad to live in this day and age where we have such amazing medical advancements. Instead of being prescribed to sit in a pool of leeches or being consigned to death by some indescribable disease, doctors today are able to poke and prod and determine and cure so many things today.

So, in that aspect, I'm very glad to live in this 'day and age.' However, there are times, when I almost wish for the simpler times...such as when I get to be subjected to that sort of invasive poking and prodding. I get to be the lucky recipient of a colonoscopy next week and let me tell you...I am thrilled beyond belief. Ugh. Truly, I'm glad that medical knowledge can be used to either rule out any problems or to diagnose them and get them fixed. But at the same time, the thought of a metallic snake of a camera slipping in and looking around just isn't terribly appealing.

Oh well, I guess you have to take the bad with the good, right? Wish me luck. I'll be sure to give nice gory graphic details after it's done. ;)

No comments: