Monday, July 03, 2006

People should have to pass a test to become parents

OK, so there are TONS of news reports I could pull to show my point, but here's the one I read most recently. These parents tried to teach their 12 WEEK old child how to walk...the walking lessons led to 40+ fractures of the skull, wrists, ribs, legs and fingers.

I don't know what sort of super comprehensive test could be conducted to ensure parents are truly fit to be parents, but it seems there should be something done. There are far too many people who have kids just because it's "the thing to do" or by "accident" or whatever, and they have absolutely no common sense or any idea at all as to how to raise a child and give it the care and nuturing it needs.

I don't claim to be a perfect parent and I know I've made my mistakes...but I certainly feel that I have a better grasp on parenting than a lot of folks I see becoming parents out there.

No comments: