Monday, April 28, 2008

Book Review Preview - Looking Glass Wars

I have had The Looking Glass Wars on my shelf for a year or so and finally had (made) time this last weekend to start reading it. It was especially interesting since I just read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass this past semester for school, so it's intriguing to have that background fresh in my mind.

I'm only about halfway through the book (and I'm sure I'll be picking up the second book in the series to read over the summer) and I'm mesmerized so far. The writing is descriptive, the world and ideas are innovative, the characters are unique and a lot of fun...and at the same time, everything seems very familiar and very accessible...very real.

I'm excited to finish the book. If you're an Alice fan, an action/adventure fan, a fantasy fan, or just a fan of fun whimsical yet also dangerous literature, go pick it up and let me know what you think.

No comments: