Thursday, January 31, 2008

DS Pirates?

With the DS version of Assssin's looming near and with the recent excitement from the preview...I wanted to pose a question.

According to a new study/report the claim is that:
"In America it’s thought 90 per cent of Nintendo DS users are playing pirated games because of R4s."


Maybe I'm just dealing with overly honest or non-technical friends but...I personally have a DS and know 10 other people directly who have a DS. And NONE of us us R4s (or even know what it is really). When I explained what it is, a couple of people sounded interested in how it worked...but then said they probably wouldn't even bother looking into it more because they were content to buy their games.

So, here's a quick poll...of those of you who own a DS, how many are running pirated games? I guess we could extend this question to additional modding/pirating as well. I DO have a few friends with modded Xboxes who have tons of games ripped onto their hard drives. So I know that pirating does exist with at least a few of my friends. I'm just curious how rampant it really is.

I have a hard time believing that it's truly the 90% that they're claiming.

No comments: