Thursday, January 31, 2008

A joke for the morning

OK...so I was a little tired when I read this first so it took me a few minutes to finally get it but once I did, it was a fun little groaner. Enjoy

The engineer of the Polish train could see no lights because an ice storm had caused a widespread power outage. "We're nearly out of coal," the fireman said. The engineer replied, "We should arrive soon at Gdansk, or Danzig, or whatever they call it these days, so I'll send the porter to buy some more fuel." As the train ground to a halt, he asked the fireman, "Can you read the depot sign in this dim light? Does it say 'Gdansk'?" The fireman replied, "It appears to be 'Danzig' in the dark." The engineer shouted, "Buy coal, Porter!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh...it took me three reads to get it. And yes...groan :)