Monday, September 20, 2004

The weekend

Now that I've done an intro, I may as well give a bit of a weekend overview since this past weekend was one of the busiest in a while, at least busy with less boring stuff.

Friday night wife & I went and saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was a great flick...tons of fun. Don't go in expecting a blockbuster of substance or anything. It's a cheesy campy flick. But it WAS a lot of fun and I'd see it again. :)

Saturday was yard work time. Weather has been cooling off, so I finally raped our peach tree down to nothing, pulling off all the remaining peaches and then pruning away the branches until the tree was a shell of its former self. Unfortunately I managed to sprain my thumb. Don't ask how that happens when pruning a tree, but it did, and it hurts. :(

Also on Saturday, my wife's twin sister got into town with her kids. They'll be staying until next weekend when their step-brother gets married. Her hubbie is my best bud from high school days, but he doesn't show up until Thursday 'cause he's got to work. So my house was overwhelmed with estrogen over the weekend. Counting the 3 boys (age 2-6), there were 4 males in the house up against 5 adult females and the 6 little girls....wow, I was totally overwhelmed...lol.

With all the family in town, we went to my father in law's for dinner on Sunday and had cake and ice cream in preparation for my boy's 3rd birthday next week.

Then Sunday night, we got the kids to bed and cuddled up with a game of Settlers of Catan followed by a game of Puerto Rico. I won the Settlers game and lost Puerto Rico (still haven't got my strategy down on that one). Love those games. :)

Anyway, that was my weekend, and now I'm back to work trying to figure out what's going on here. There's been a lot of change around the office lately and a lot more coming in the next few days. I'll give an overview of some of that later....after I sort through it all myself.

Talk to you later.

--Okie

No comments: