Monday, September 20, 2004

Greetings from Okieville

Well, I've been Internet aware for many years and have a number of cheesy pages floating around out in this virtual world. I even have a blog or two out there under the guise of various fictional folks that I believe really exist (and many other people agree with me).

But I figured it was time for me to actually make my own blog with my own info. So even though I'm hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet, I'll actually be making these posts as myself, for myself, with myself, and any other cliche term you can think of that even vaguely fits.

Most people who read this won't know me. Those who do know me will likely find this drivel boring and pointless, and that won't likely surprise them.

But for whoever stops by here, welcome. :)

I am THE Okester and I am officially HERE.

A little bit about me then:
  • Born in the mid 70s, I grew up in suburban Utah.
  • I got married a few years back and have three lovely kids, two boys and a girl.
  • I've mangled my way through a few years of school at the University of Utah and have been sitting about midway through my junior "year" for the past 2 years or so.
  • I'm an English Major and had the initial goal of getting through school to teach high school or college level English classes, though my true interest in the English major is a desire to become a novelist.
  • I work full time (often much more than full time) and go to school part time as work/family scheduling permits.
  • I work in the software industry helping build video games to brainwash children of all ages into submission.
  • I'm a huge fan of board games and mind games...I love a good strategy game or riddlefest.

There's probably a bit more I could tell you about me, and I might even get around to it, but for an initial entry, I figure this is probably sufficient.

Anyway, that's all for now.

--Okie

No comments: