Monday, November 16, 2009

Assassin's Creed 2 - Release Day Plans


After much waiting and excitement, Assassin's Creed 2 is officially released tonight at midnight.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first game and was super stoked to hear that a sequel was in the works. I pre-ordered it as soon as Gamestop allowed me to do so and I've been planning for some mid-winter gaming ever since.

My release day/week plans are still a little bit up in the air. Even though my local Gamestop will be doing a midnight release party, I'm not sure I'll be attending. It might be fun to pick up the game at midnight, but I fear I'd be too tempted to pop it in and start playing…and as a result, I likely wouldn't get much/any sleep before work in the morning. And since I've got multiple morning meetings followed by an afternoon at school, I think I should try to get some sleep in.

So, alas, my evening tonight will likely involve hanging out with the fam and then a couple of hours reading to catch up on my homework…after which, I'll probably hit the sack around 11.

Tomorrow, after work, school, and meetings…I'll make a very necessary detour past Gamestop on the way home and pick up my "Master Assassin" edition of the game.

Tomorrow is also Lynette's birthday. We went out to dinner last weekend and she already received most of her presents…but I still hope to hook her up with some cake and ice cream before her friends show up for book club at our house.

So, while she's hosting book club, I'll work on reading to the kids and getting them settled for bed. As soon as they're settled, I "should" spend time working on my paper for class…but since I've already got it ~halfway done, it couldn't hurt to pop in my new game for an hour or two, right?

My goal is that by 8:30 or 9 at the latest, I'll be sitting in front of my 360, reveling in the latest Ubisoft goodness and venturing into the assassining world of the Italian Renaissance.

Sadly, I do have a fair amount of school work to do…and I am still pushing through NaNoWriMo (not doing a great job, but still trying to get into a writing regime), so I'm not sure how much gaming I'll get until the semester is over, but I hope to get a good feel for the game by the end of the month.

Wish me luck.




No comments: