Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 10 days in Google Books game

Well, we're already up to Day 3, so I'm a little late in finding/posting this, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

Google books is having a contest/game for the next ~week called 10 Days in Google Books.

It's basically a search and find trivia contest that takes you through the Google Books site and has you answer various questions about some of the books they host there. At the end, you get to submit a "brief creative entry on the topic of books" and the top 3 entries each day win a Sony reader. Not sure on the judging criteria for the winners, but it's kind of fun to explore Google Books anyway.

I really like the idea of having such a large virtual library online and accessible to everybody. They have a great selection. I'm not a huge fan of reading books electronically (I've tried a handful of e-readers), but for research and reference books, it's great. It's also nice to have the option, especially for some of those hard to find books that you might never get a chance to read otherwise.

No comments: