Friday, May 15, 2009

Giving job recommendations

I love it when my "joke of the day" newsletter provides a bit of humor that is so directly in line with some thoughts I've been having lately...

Anybody who's been a manager and/or had to give recommendations, you will hopefully get a little giggle out of these and I suspect you can remember a recommendation where you said something similar. I know I can.

Lawsuit-Proof Personnel Recommendations: "In my opinion, you'll be fortunate to get this person to work for you." "I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever." "I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague of mine." "I can assure you that no person would be better for the job." "I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment." "All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him too highly."

No comments: