Thursday, January 08, 2009

Favorite Songs from 2008

With 2008 over and 2009 starting, I figured I'd put together a few lists of favorites from the year. So, without further ado, here's a few of my favorite new songs from 2008.




I think this one came out at the very end of 2007 or early 2008. I really liked the lyrics and the message. The video had some cool effects as well that I really loved.
Lifehouse - Whatever it Takes




About halfway through the year, I heard this one on the radio. I've heard it on both country and pop/rock stations (just slightly different instrumentation). It's got a great story arc style crescendo going on. I love the fairy tale romance story told here and the literary references, although the "Scarlet Letter" reference is misplaced and wrong...but otherwise, it's a fun song. The video is also a lot of fun for this lover of Victorian drama.
Taylor Swift - Love Story




Later in the year, I caught the tail end of a gravelly love ballad and kept listening to hear it again. As soon as I confirmed the artist, I pulled it off iTunes and have listened to it again and again while waiting for the rest of the album. Another great song with fabulous lyrics. I haven't watched the video yet, so we'll enjoy it together. :)
Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody





And finally, here's another new fave and I know it didn't come out in 2008 (back in '07, I think), but I first heard it this past year and really liked it. The song doesn't actually start until halfway through the video...so either watch and wait or let it buffer and skip to the ~5 minute mark
Brad Paisley - You Save Me



And there you have a couple of my favorite new songs from the past year. Stay tuned for more faves from '08.

No comments: