Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Faith, Hope and Redemption Embodied

A couple of days ago I made a blog post that, while I tried to temper it, was somewhat inflammatory and emotional. I (unfairly) singled out the original BookWise founder, Richard Paul Evans. Admittedly, there were numerous partners in the business venture and I have no doubt that their involvement towards the end was just as pronounced. However, because Richard was the original founder of this brainchild, I may have painted the actions I wrote of as being his individual actions rather than the actions of an entire corporation. For that, I apologize before saying anything else.

Last night, something happened that I had honestly not expected to happen based on the progress of the past few weeks. Tonight, I received a phone call from Richard Paul Evans. (Actually, multiple phone calls because I was originally unavailable). We had an in-depth conversation about the situation and we helped each other to understand each others' perspective. I explained to him that this wasn't about the money for me but was more the principal of the thing in trying to stay true to the business ideals that were touted with the company.

After talking for a few minutes, I feel like we both grew sympathetic to the situation we found ourselves in. I was impressed with the tact and professionalism as well as the sincerity and depth with which Richard spoke. He took me through many of the complexities of the situation and in the end, we came away with a better understanding of where things stand.

I still am sincerely saddened that BookWise is closed. The original BookWise...the one I originally signed on for...had some great ideas and potential and truly had the power to change lives for the better. I am hopeful and confident that other similar opportunities will present themselves in the future.

For now, I just wanted to say that whatever else the future holds for myself and others involved in BookWise... I am satisfied with the current outcome.

No comments: