Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School is in Session

Well, it's official. 75% of my family is in school this year. We just need to find a class for Lynette to take somewhere to get us to a full 100%.

Jason started up at a new school this year as part of the "spectrum" program. He was a bit nervous about going to a brand new school and not knowing anybody, but he's a friendly kid and we're sure he'll fit right in quickly. So far he says he likes it. He had fun telling me about the layout of the playground and some of the fun he had. I think Lynette and I are probably more nervous than he is about this coming year.

Andrew was sick yesterday, so today was his first day back. I haven't yet heard how it went for him. His biggest transition this year is the move from half-day to full-day as he becomes a big first grader. He was very excited to be going back. I'm sure he had a great day and I look forward to hearing about it tonight.

My first day back was also today. I've only got two classes this semester, "Adolescent Literature" and "Chaucer." Reading load isn't too bad (6 novels for the one and "Canterbury Tales" for the other). We have group assignments in Adolescent Lit to teach one of the 6 novels. My group gets to teach "My Name is Asher Lev" for 2 weeks. Should be entertaining. First assignments are to read "Catcher in the Rye" (as much as possible...done by next week) and the first 120 lines of "Parliament of Fowls." Should be a fun week. :)

Julia starts preschool on Thursday and she is SOOO excited. She's been asking all summer when she goes to school. Now that the rest of us have started, she's even more eager. She's going to be such a cute little preschooler. :)

So, that's the excitement for the past couple of days. Fortunately, things at work finally sort of worked themselves out last weekend or else this week would have been insane.

All in all, things are going well.

No comments: