Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fun filled Saturday

Since I had to work Friday for my birthday, Lynette let me sleep in a bit on Saturday and made me breakfast...mmmmm....Biscuits and Gravy, my fave. :)

We spent the early part of the day just relaxing. The kids begged me to play Rayman Raving Rabbids, so we played that...for about an hour. We actually finished the story mode and helped poor Rayman escape from his cell by earning him the last few plungers he needed. That's a crazy fun game. This morning Jason asked me if we could still play Rayman even though we'd finished it and I was glad to see that 'yes', you can go back in and play the different mini games again. Some of them were a bit annoying, but most were just hilarious fun.

After lunch, we ran a few errands and then dropped the kids off at Grandma's. Our friends Josh & Lisa came over for a few hours of fun. We started the afternoon off with a game of Tikal. I picked the game up last summer and it's up in my top 5 of games I like to play. It's definitely better with more people, so we taught Josh & Lisa and had a ball playing. I ended up in last place by at least 30 points (we didn't finalize Josh's score once he was way ahead of second place). Lisa and Lynette tied for second at just under 100 points and Josh went screaming into the lead with the last scoring segment, passing 100 and just cruising into the distance.

After the game, we all went out to dinner at El Matador, a great little Mexican restaurant in Bountiful. We had a lot of fun catching up and chatting about life's little adventures like our hilarious bowling outing from Friday or the fun quirkiness of other friends and family.

It was a lot of fun and it makes me wish life wasn't so busy so we could get together with friends more often. It seems like most nights/weekends are spent just catching up on homework or other work...or just relaxing and collapsing with a *sigh* after a long day's work.

It's good to have good friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a ton of fun. I looked up Tikal locally and it's coming back in print in the next few weeks! Never a dull moment with Chris and Lynette!