Saturday, October 20, 2007

The moment of truth

Well, today I'm off to see if my book won the writing contest I submitted it to. I should know by the end of the day. Assuming I win, there will be much rejoicing. ;)

Even if I don't win, I've spent the past two days getting lots of great advice and ideas from best selling authors (such as Brandon Mull, Heather Graham, Harry Turtledove, Marc Brown, Mark Ludy and others) as well as meeting and hearing from literary agents, publishers, publicists and judges of prestigious award contests (like the Caldecott). So, I at least know what the next steps need to be from my end if I don't win today.

All in all, this has been a great road. It's a good feeling to know I finally finished something and have an idea of what to do next.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck buddy! I'm excited to see the finished work.