Saturday, October 13, 2007

ELEVEN YEARS!!!

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Last Friday marked my 11th Wedding Anniversary. Lynette and I have been married for 11 years now. It's crazy to think about it like that. To one extent, it seems like a long time...on the other hand, it's gone so fast.

Looking back, many of my old memories are blending together and it's hard to imagine her not being part of my life. The last 11 years have been fabulous and I'm looking forward to a forever of more years together.

To celebrate our anniversary, we got a babysitter and went out to dinner. We decided to go all out on dinner so we went to the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in downtown Salt Lake. The ambiance was nice...a dimly lit classical looking restaurant. We were seated at a table on some risers along the North side of the restaurant so we had a slightly raised view of the place.

We were first greeted by our waiter's assistant or sommelier who provided us with excellent choices of water ranging from Sparkling to Bottled to tab. We went with the bottled Acua Panna which is apparently from the Panna region of Italy. Our waiter explained the specials and recommended a plan for ordering so we didn't have too much food/leftovers.

We ordered some Osso Bucco ravioli and a standard salad to start us off while our steaks cooked. Lynette and I each ordered a Filet (I had the standard 12 oz and Lynette went for the "Petite" 8 oz) with Mashed & Lyonnaise potatoes and a side of sautéed mushrooms. We decided we'd go with their "standard" beef (which is apparently rated in the top 2% of all beef) rather than going with the "Kobe" beef which is apparently hand fed and massaged daily...we laughed at the prospect of eating meat that was treated better than we were.

The meal was great. The steak was AMAZING! By all accounts, it was the best steak I've had in my life. While there, I decided that if when I win the BookWise writing contest, I'll use my prize money to go back and take my parents. :)

After dinner, we wandered around town a little bit...did some shopping. We hopped over to K-Mart and got our pictures taken in one of their little photo booths. Then we wandered home and talked...and laughed...and enjoyed reminiscing about the past eleven years and thinking about years to come.

All in all, a Great Anniversary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations buddy! Sounds like you had a great night together. You two are awesome!

Kevin said...

Congrats! I hope you're able to go back to Ruth Chris very soon! ;)