Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Can you walk the dog?

Check this post over here, complete with pic.

Apparently there is a new video game out there with the concept of VIRTUAL DOG WALKING?!?!? My first reaction was WTH? Then I read the little post, looked at the image again and again, and scratched my head...and came back with my final reaction which is..."hmmmmm...wth?".

The idea is that you're on a treadmill holding the leash of a little plastic/plush? dog in front of you. On screen is your path and the obstacles. You need to keep your walk at the proper pace in order to keep your dog happy/healthy and you need to steer clear of danger to keep your dog safe.

I honestly could see myself dumping a few quarters in it for the novelty aspect, but beyond that it's tough to see it as really taking off the way DDR did. Then again, I could be totally wrong. This could be the hip new game to play.

If anybody knows of one in the Salt Lake City area, let me know...I'd love to see it in person.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Ahhhh, sometimes I really miss Japan. Anyone up for a roadtrip. We could go play this walk the dog game and then maybe eat a little curry or ramen. Yummmmm.