Thursday, September 29, 2022

Still alive -- 9 months since the last post


Wow....has it really been 9 months since I last posted?  Some years/months I was better about making posts than others but I feel like this might be the longest outage between posts.  I don't know if anybody subscribes to this or even visits anymore.  I guess we'll see over time.  My page counter claims that I get between 250 and 300 pageviews each month so there's at least something that wanders by even if it's just an automated web crawler.

I started this blog back in 2004 with no real specific aim or goal originally.  I figured it would just be a random dumping ground for ideas, writing or whatever.  Over the years it's morphed a little bit and has been filled with personal updates about myself and my family, creative writing, travelogs, reviews about movies/books/boardgames/theatre/videogames  or just random sharing of Internet minutiae and memes.

I'm not sure if I'll actually get this up and running again with any sort of consistency or momentum but for now I'm stopping by to say I'm still alive.  Back when I first started this blog, I had been married less than a decade and we had 3 very young children (one was less than a year at the time). My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last year and all of our kids have graduated high school (one is married and the youngest just started attending college).  I did finally graduate with that English major and I still work in software even though I don't really love the field. 

I'll think about posting more updates later...even if just for the unknown human posterity who might stumble on this and find it interesting.

Thanks for sticking around.  If you're still here, feel free to drop a note and say "HI"

No comments: