Friday, January 09, 2009

New Year's Goals & Resolutions - 2009 edition

I know that we're over a week into the new year, but I've been mulling over these and finally decided to post 'em. Hopefully by the end of '09, I can look back at this list and laugh at how deftly I accomplished these things.

Without further ado, here's my Top 10 List of goals/resolutions for 2009:

  1. Daily Personal Scripture Reading
  2. Monthly Temple Attendance
  3. Weekly (maybe daily?) Creative Writing
    • 5 Complete/Polished Short Stories
    • Break out my "book" into 2 separate books and get 1 to a moderately polished state
  4. Monthly (or more frequent) "structured" family fun time activity (larger scale such as bowling, skating, going to a movie, hiking, swimming, etc.)
  5. Structured Exercise Regime
    • Lose 20 pounds
  6. Date Nights
    • One 'big' structured date each month
    • Informal/ad-hoc dates weekly
  7. Go Hiking
    • Timp Cave hike with family
    • At least one other "big" hike (Elephant Rock maybe?)
  8. Monthly Letter writing to distant friends/family
  9. Read 50 books
  10. Finish up my Bachelor's Degree (finally)

No comments: