Friday, January 30, 2009

Burger King's branching out into "body spray"?

Before watching the video below, give a few sprays on the marketing site "fire meets desire."

I've got to hand it to Burger King...they are really stretching the limits of fast food marketing. While other burger joints are content to advertise the great taste of their food or the great value or the cheesy toy in the kids meal, Burger King throws it all to the wind and goes back to the old adage that sex sells.

As a man, I'm not enticed by this image:



But women may be. (Really???)

The zany, whimsical and often creepy "King" they've been using in advertising has been intriguing me for a while now. I actually prefer commercials with him over the "standard" commercials.

But has BK taken this a bit too far with their latest campaign? Or is this yet another brilliant ad strategy that will not only sell burgers but might sell a few novelty sprays as well?

I found the following on the web...not sure if it's a televised ad or not, but it's a full live-action add-on to the web site above.

Enjoy (??)


I think I might need a Whopper for lunch. ;)

No comments: