Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The devil's in the details...or in the white house

I've heard lots of criticisms of Dubbuya over the past few years...I've agreed with some and disagreed with some. And even though I have already heard this comparison before a few months ago, it had even more impact hearing the president of another country say that President Bush is "the devil himself."

I had a discussion a few months ago talking about Bush as a devil-like character who is trying to subvert all to follow his plan by force and destroy any who disagree with him. I disagreed with taking the argument that far, but I must say I haven't been a huge fan of some of his foreign policies. I personally find the US overstretches itself far too often, inheriting the imperialist mentallity of our once "motherland" Britain...in much the same way...where it benefits us.

I do agree that we should do what needs to be done to protect and edify mankind...that we should do what we can to help get rid of evil. The trouble is, the world is full of grey area based on perception and point of view. One man's evil is another man's ideal...and that ideal may not be have any true moral wrong in the large scale of humanity even if a specific culture finds it taboo. I in no way condone terrorism or the murder of innocents and such. Nor do I really want to get into a discussion about that...but I am concerned that we are trying too hard to rectify the injustices outside of our country that we are ignoring many of the evils within.

Anyway, I'm going to start ranting like a madman now and I really don't want to do that. But I do agree with some of the things said...and while Bush may not be the devil, I think there are a lot of things he's done that are just plain deceitful and wrong. Sadly, he learned these methods by studying American's imperialistic dogmas employed in the Phillipines, Guam, Puerto Rico, et al. Bush needs to concentrate on providing safety and security for Americans at home and abroad and then work to fortify our nation at home and improve our government and our status rather than use those valuable resources to "help" other people who aren't necessarily asking for it.

No comments: