Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Snakes in a Theater

No, I haven't seen the movie. I will likely eventually see it...on video or when it finally comes on TV. I am a fan of B-movies and the joy of a movie that's so bad it can be "good." However, it seems to me, snakes on a plane has things backwards. The cult classic B-movies started out like any other movie...trying to be a good movie. Snakes, on the other hand, set out trying to be a BAD movie and push its way into the cult classic niche.

I'm sure it has its merits and bits of enjoyment and I'm sure I'll laugh and giggle at the absurdity of the thing once I finally see it...however, I'm a little concerned that in trying to make a bad movie...they probably succeeded and I honestly don't know that I see the Snakes phenomenon living on in the way other B-movies and cult classics have...other than in the depths of cult obscurity 20 years from now.

Besides all of that, I wanted to bring up THIS news article. Cult films have a tendancy to get outrageous reactions from the viewers...but those viewers should really try to be wise and not put people's lives in danger...come on people...THINK!!!

No comments: