Monday, October 13, 2008

Completely and totally flattered

So this morning as I'm reading through my RSS reader, I came across a post that shocked, surprised and totally flattered me. As a quick backstory, I have a good friend Josh who I met probably 8 or 10 years ago working at Access Software/Microsoft/etc. Josh is a great person...he's very genuine, smart, friendly, and a lot of fun. Even though we're no longer working together, we've kept in touch over the years and occasionally get together for dinners, activities or "game nights" with he and his wife Lisa.

Anyway, he's started an annual tradition on his blog called "Hero Week" where he profiles people who have been influential to him over the years and have traits he aspires to. His list includes some amazing profiles of some people that I'd love to know. In addition to people I hadn't heard of, he included high profile leaders such as Thomas Monson, Jeffrey Holland, and Henry Eyring.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my name show up at the end of this year's list. This is definitely not the sort of accolade I've ever aspired to (in fact, I seldom DO aspire to any accolades at all). I am truly humbled by his comments and only hope I can live up to his descriptions of me and not let him down.

Thanks Josh for your very kind and flattering words and for your many years of friendship, I feel honored to count you among my friends and I hope to be able to continue calling you 'friend' many years from now.

Thanks.

No comments: