Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finn

OK, so The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is one of my favorite books. No secret there.

Well, Jon Clinch has written "Finn", a novel focusing on the life of Huck's dad.

I'm not sure how I feel about the spin-off idea on classic novels. If they're done well, I think they're a great idea. I loved Grendel, but I've heard bad things about Rhett (or whatever the Gone With the Wind spin-off was).

Still, I have high hopes for Finn and I'm sure I'll be picking it up.

In the meantime, the book has a cool website with some fun games and trivia and other tidbits. Check it out. :)


EDIT:
(Yes, I know it was released a year ago....I've been a little busy. But the paperback is just recently released, so that's my excuse...I was waiting for the paperback *grin*)

No comments: