Thursday, April 06, 2006

Faster than a speeding bullet

Well, once again, I dodged the layoff bullet. Some days I'm wondering if it's worth it to have dodged the bullet...things are so strange now and if it hit me, it would be the impetus for change. But at the same time, there's a bunch of bills to pay that should all be paid off by next spring, so I'm happy to be where I am at least until then...

Still, overall, the corporate world is a mess. I don't know that any job would be better than any other as far as office politics and the whole work game goes...and my job can be pretty entertaining. I am still excited for that day when I get those novels sold and can spend my days writing away in my home office...or on a laptop at the beach.

But alas, until those days come, I live day to day under the whim of "the man" wondering what will happen next...such is life.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Anybody I know get the axe? If so, I hope you will give them my best for me. Good luck to you in the future as well. I know how tough it can be to have that type of thing hanging over you.

Okie said...

To reply high level...yes...people you know got axed. Basically the entire department is gone now except for seth and I.